Monday, September 28, 2009

Lovers in Paris - the Philippine Version


I was excited to learn that the Philippine re-make of the popular Korean soap opera Lovers in Paris started airing today. From the deliciously cheesy trailer, it looks like it's similar to my favorite Japanese animated soap opera from childhood, Candy Candy - Cinderella story, handsome guy, evil jealous rival, protective male friend to fight with Handsome Guy over the heroine, etc.

Mindless, cliché-riddled melodrama in Tagalog from the City of Lights - what could be more fun?  (Other than actually being in the City of Lights, that is...)

I think it's finally time to subscribe to The Filipino Channel.

1 comment:

  1. I was a HUGE fan of Candy Candy!! I've never missed an episode of it.

    It used to be just called "Candy" in French, and to my big despair, they never show reruns of it on French TV...

    ReplyDelete